Sunday, April 5, 2009

Food and friends.

I know it has been forever since I updated. Not much to tell, really. But I'll try.

Beth is undergoing treatment. Radiation and chemo. It is tough. Tiring. She is sleeping a bunch. Building strength and resting up for each day's treatment.

There is food all over the place in the Bryan kitchen. So...new idea. If you signed up for a meal, definitely bring the meal over. If you are not signed up, please don't bring any food over. At least for a couple of weeks. The freezer and fridge and counters are overloaded. Which is, absolutely, a blessing and very much appreciated.

I will be adding more days onto the meal care calendar. Seriously, knowing that food is taken care of each day is a huge load off of Mike. He told me today that he is just blown away by the generosity and love shown by y'all and he doesn't know how he'll ever be able to thank you. I told him there was no need to.

As of this time, there still isn't really anything they need other than the continued prayers, love, cards and letters. Beth really just does not have much energy right now and when she does, she is spending her time with Mike and the boys.

Beth did come to church this morning for a bit. She has gotten out of the house to sit outside and supervise Mike in planting some flowers this weekend.

I promise you that Beth and Mike know how much y'all want to see them and talk and visit, but they continue to covet your prayers. And really, cards and letters are a much better way to communicate with them right now.

As always, I can't tell you how much everything you have done and are doing is appreciated.

Blessings.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beth & family,

    You are all in our prayers and thoughts. I am at such a loss for words...Beth, you are always so kind, sweet and thoughtful, I truly am very sorry. I wish you much peace and to spend as much time as you can with your loving family. I want you to know that you made a difference in my life and I am sure many others.

    Fondly, Debbie Murphy & Family

    ReplyDelete