Thursday, March 19, 2009

Prayer, Cards, Letters and food.

Thank you so much for your excitement and joy and quick response to the news that Beth is on the mend and soon (so it appears) heading home.

The family would ask, however, that we not all rush up to the hospital to see Beth. Hard to believe she just had brain surgery yesterday and they are talking of releasing her tomorrow, but still...she will be tired, sleeping a lot, etc.

So...the best way to show the love right now is by praying still, and cards and letters and of course all of the food that everyone has signed up to bring. Seriously, the desserts have been amazing and the boys are loving them.

You all are incredible and I have to tell you that I am, like I told Sarah Ide this morning, flying by the seat of my pants here. I truly don't know what to tell y'all most of the time because I hardly know what to do myself.

Already, in just an hour, I have had so many offers of help regarding Chemo-buds and where to go for info and even some really cool offers that I will be posting about as soon as I get more info.

So, keep checking back here for updates, ideas, etc. I hope to talk with Beth's mom today about some scheduling things for next week and also to Beth to get a feel for what she will want (and more importantly NOT want) over the next couple of weeks.

Y'all are amazing. Thank you.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I concur that one of the best ways to shower Beth and company with love, along with prayer, is by sending cards and letters. I know how much it can mean to see such a tangible sign of love and support from friends far, and near. Plus they can be read over and over, whenever needed or desired. So watch out Hallmark here we come:)

    Susan Ariale

    ReplyDelete