Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just a few things to update.

Beth is still doing well. Trying to regain some strength. Resting a lot. Still not wanting visitors. You might be able to speak to her on the phone if you call when she is awake. Please just give her, and the entire family, some time.

Regarding the food and meals, I know that right now they have a ton of fruit and desserts. The house is overflowing with flowers. If you want to bring over or send over something, please wait a bit to allow the family time to enjoy what is there now. Maybe a break until next week for the non-meal items (those on the care calendar)?

Beth seems to still be on track to begin treatment next week. As of right now, Mike and the family are going to be taking her for treatment. I will let you know as soon as Beth is wanting or needing drivers, treatment buddies, etc.

Please know that Mike, Beth, the boys and family appreciate everything everyone is doing and wants to do. They just really are trying to adjust to this new "normal".

Blessings.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Treatment buddies can be a good thing. While in Alabama I would bring a book to read and sit with my friend Jeanne during her chemo treatments. Jeanne would visit with me some, doze off or sleep some and I'd just visit or read depending on how she was feeling during the treatment. She was in charge, I was just there. I don't know if that's something Beth would prefer at some point, but you can let us know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete